Self-service photocopy machines are located in most Yale libraries.
Yale readers who make use of photocopying facilities are expected to abide by the regulations of the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code). Any violations of the Copyright Law at self-service machines are the responsibility of the reader and are not the responsibility of the Yale University Library.
- In all libraries except Medical:
- Copies are 15 cents each. Color copies are $1 each. Copy cards may be purchased and provide a variable discount based on how much value is added to the card. See the photocopy page or enquire at a service desk for details.
- Medical library:
- Pay for printing using a Copico card at the Medical Library. Read the Frequently Asked Questions about copies in the Medical Library.
- Pay for printing using Uniprint at the following libraries: Arts, Bass, Center for Science & Social Science Information, Divinity, Geology, Math, and Sterling Memorial Library. Printing is 7 cents per image.
- To print from the public computers, you will need a printing account.
- See ITS Print Account Management to add funds to your account, look up your transactions, and create a PrintID if you are a visitor to Yale. See the ITS Distributed Printing Overview for general information about establishing a printing account, adding money to the account, and printing.
- Instructions for printing from your own PC or Mac.
- Pay for printing using a Copico card at the Medical Library. Read the Frequently Asked Questions about printing in the Medical Library.
- Color printing:
- Color printers are available at the Center for Science & Social Science Information and Bass Library.
Scanners for public use are located in the following areas:
Arts Library - 4 PCs
Sterling Memorial Library/ East Asia Library - 3 Scanners
Bass Library - 3 Scanners
Center for Science & Social Science Information - 5 Scanners
CT Hall - 1 Mac, 1 PC
Dunham 120 - 1 Mac, 1 PC
MacDougal Center- 1 Mac
All residential colleges - 1 Mac
In addition, several of the graduate student departmental clusters include a scanner.