Responsibilities of Borrowers:
- Borrowers are responsible for library materials charged out to them until they are received by the library
- Borrowers are prohibited by Library policy from lending their library card to others
- Borrowers are prohibited by Library policy from borrowing library materials for another person. Faculty members may have a proxy charge materials to their account. Please contact the Privileges Office for more information.
- Yale University students, faculty and staff are responsible for maintaining current contact information with their School’s Registrar or Departmental Business Office
- Non-Yale library cardholders are responsible for maintaining current contact information in My Account and upon renewal of library privileges
Borrowers who abuse Library borrowing privileges may have their privileges suspended throughout the Yale University Library. Examples of abuse of library borrowing privileges include but are not limited to delinquency in returning materials by stated due dates, NOT paying replacement bills, NOT responding to recall notices, returning library materials even after replacement bills have been issued, and mutilation or damage of library materials.
Fines, replacement fees and processing fees are regularly assessed for late materials. More information is available on fines and blocks on patron accounts.
E-Mail Notification: Library Notices
You will receive Item Available, Recall (new due date), overdue notices, and fine/fee billing notices via e-mail from email@example.com. These notices are sent as a courtesy. We encourage all library users to check their library accounts regularly to manage recalls and due dates.
Yale University faculty, staff and students with Yale IDs:
If you have a new address, be sure to update your information with your department administrative or business office.
Users with Library issued IDs: